Studying digital photography can be a lot of fun, especially if you do more shooting than talking
Our simple and clear explanations will help you take great photos in all sorts of conditions and situations. Reap compliments for your photos (regardless of which camera you own) with our practical photography tips.
Discover the secrets of photography by learning photography the practical and simple way
Start with these key articles:
- The rule of thirds – The rule of thirds is one of the first things you learn in any serious photography course. This rule will open your eyes to why most photographs come out boring, and how you can create more meaningful photos with a slight shift of your camera.
- Composition– Learn how to choose and group objects in a scene to compose outstanding photos. Though the word ‘composition’ may seem vague, it’s actually straightforward. You’ll learn that composition begins with the understanding that not everything can fit in the frame.
- Exposure – How do you determine the amount of light that enters your camera and how do you control exposure to capture motion, achieve a desired sharpness, and more.
- Focus – How do you pull your audience in and make them look at a particular object – be it in the center of the frame, or at the corner of it.
- Depth of field – What does ‘depth of field’ mean and why does focusing on the mid-range will not provide the depth of field you intended.